10th grade and 7th grade?!? That doesn’t even REMOTELY seem possible!!! Y’all do realize this means Ashton will graduate in THREE years?!!?!?!? YIKES!!! I’m not ready for that!
3. FIRST (and subsequent) report cards of the year were ALL As and Bs for both boys – HIP HIP Hooray!4. The feeling of validation after the first 9 week periods that moving Ashton to high school was INDEED the best decision for him!
5. Ashton’s connections he’s made with friends at school. One of his friends at school is a 19yo young lady by the name of Megan. He ADORES her!! Lots of hugs and high 5s!!
6. That Ashton participated in every. single. CBI trip – WITH NO ISSUES!!!!
7. Holden successfully joined both the middle school wrestling AND track teams and even started as a 6th grader in the FIRST track meet of the season!8. Holden successfully dropped his 1-mile times from 7:09 (last spring) down to 6:25 this year. His coaches want him to drop it down to 5:30 before the start of next track season – good thing he likes to run! there’s work to do!
9. Ashton completed his 2nd 1-mile race and is getting ready to run his 3rd 1-mile on Saturday!
10. Holden has successfully completed 9 races (race # 10 is this weekend, an 8K) all with his “I run 4” buddy, Calder. Calder is a 5month old ADORABLE baby boy with Spina Bifida. While Holden hasn’t actually ran WITH Calder, we hope we can make that a reality at some point in the future 🙂 (*hint hint Danya & Zach). This has helped Holden to push himself and think of others while having a blast!
11. Ashton’s vocabulary has picked up so much that I actually find myself saying, “PLEASE! Be. Quiet!” WOW! Non-verbal to telling him to hush?? Never imagined that day would come!
12. Holden received an iPhone for his birthday – FIRST cellphone! YAY!
13. Ashton received an award for being the “Most Considerate” in his class – again, a teenager WITH Autism no less getting that award… pretty remarkable if you ask me!
14. There has been a complete and total turn-around in Ashton’s behavior this year. With the exceptions of one or two times, he’s been easy to manage and reason with. Again, his comprehension levels have really picked up and it makes it easier to both communicate WITH him and helping him understand the world around him.
15. the most exciting highlight for me?! That my “babies” have done SO well this year! Receiving awards, accolades and press coverage is always amazing!! I am SO proud of my boys!!
MOM LOVES YOU BOTH VERY MUCH! Now, let’s have an amazing summer this year!!!