In this episode of the Autisable Dads Podcast, I chat with Co-Founder and CEO of AngelSense – Doron Somer.
While there are GPS and other tracking services and devices available in the marketplace, AngelSense prides itself as being the only GPS tracking and voice monitoring solution specifically designed for children with special needs.
His background in computer science and in analytics and sensor processing provided a unique knowledge base which allowed him to develop the technology that is now AngelSense. His passion began when he discovered his own autistic son Itamar who was mistreated for several years. Working with his friend, Nery Ben-Azar, a successful hi-tech executive and social entrepreneur, they launched AngelSense in 2013. Since their launch, they’ve made it a point to hire parents in the special needs community to provide customer support.
As it is with most Autism Dads I chat with, there is a kindred spirit among us. We know what parenting an Autistic child is like, and we want to find and develop ways to find out more about them and to protect them. Doron is no different. I found his experience as an autism dad similar to my own. Even though he lives in Israel and we’re in the United States, we discovered that no matter where you are, raising a child on the spectrum has very similar challenges. What is fascinating to me is how each of us addresses these challenges that help not only our children but also helps many others in the process.
Here’s the episode:
I appreciate our guest, Doron Somer for addressing several questions, and it’s always a joy to talk with another autism parent about their experiences raising autistic children.
If you’d like to continue this discussion, please feel free to join Autisable.com and share them.
You can also follow via social media on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
As a reminder, this podcast is available on Spotify, GooglePlayMusic, iTunes, Stitcher and TuneIn. Don’t forget to rate, comment and subscribe.
Click here for previous episodes: https://autisable.com/multimedia/autisable-dads-life-with-autism-podcast/
Don’t forget to follow, subscribe, comment, rate, and share…. 🙂
Here are a few more links to learn about Doron Somer and AngelSense:
- Articles on Huffington Post: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/author/jonathan-cohen-137
- AngelSense Main Website: https://www.angelsense.com/
- An Autism Light Blog Post – http://autism-light.blogspot.com/2015/02/doron-somer.html
- Times of Israel – https://www.timesofisrael.com/start-up-gives-autistic-kids-and-their-parents-a-little-more-freedom/
- Geektime.com – https://www.geektime.com/2015/07/09/an-israeli-fathers-invention-to-protect-his-autistic-son/
- jpost.com – https://www.jpost.com/Business-and-Innovation/Tech/Founder-of-Israeli-startup-whos-GPS-saved-US-teen-with-autism-Firm-aims-to-protect-thousands-more-413319