Devin Ross is from Ft. Worth, Texas, and he has autism. In 2008 he moved to Louisiana to attend Centenary College, where he majored in Psychology. Devin Ross is a talented swimmer who excels to the point that he made the Olympic Trials in 2012. Devin Ross is an Autism Light for how he encourages other people with autism that they can achieve great things.
According to his page on the Centenary College website, he has accomplished the following:
- 2011 Summit League Conference Champion (50 Free)
- 2011 NCAA DI “B” Cut Nomination
- 2010 Summit League Swimmer of the Week (Jan. 26)
- 2010 Summit League Swimmer of the Week (Nov. 24)
- 2009 Second Team All-Summit League
When he was asked how having autism impacted his swimming, Devin Ross said, “I think it enhanced my swimming because I was able to put all my physical and cognitive resources into swimming (Source).”
Autism Light honors diverse heroes to the world of autism.