Today’s Gratitude List About Autism

Gratitude

I am grateful that…
…God recognized I could handle the autism journey.
…autism gave me the opportunity to stay home with my children.
…autism gave us an avenue to eat healthier.
…autism has taught me how to slow down.
…autism showed me how to listen better.
…autism has given me the gift to be timely in everything I do.
…autism has created routine in my chaotic life.
…autism has brought my husband and me closer.
…autism taught me that labels are not people.
…autism offers empowerment to mothers.
…autism is a strength not a deficit.
…autism has brought out my ability to be patient.
…autism taught me to love unconditionally.
…autism has taught me to be frugal with my money.
…autism has created opportunities for great friendships.

What are you grateful for?

alternamom on Blogger
Alternamom
Mother, Wife, Autism Advocate, Crunchy Mom Wanna Be, Reiki Master, Blogger, Young Living Essential Oil Education Coach and Mentor. I am the mother of two fantastic, expressive, healthy daughters who happen to be on the autism spectrum.
Alternamom

alternamom

0 thoughts on “Today’s Gratitude List About Autism

• August 15, 2009 at 9:30 am

Thank you everyone for your comments on my gratitude list!  I enjoyed reading all of your gratitudes, as well!! It is when we find appreciation in our darkest hour that we can learn from it and move through it for the highest good of all involved.

• July 22, 2009 at 12:46 am

My autistic older brother is one of the most incredible humans I’ve ever had the chance to enjoy. :]

• July 21, 2009 at 9:04 pm

I am grateful for my autistic nephue,he’s so weird….and I love him for that =]

• July 21, 2009 at 12:24 am

Wow that is beautiful. It’s a blessing to see someone that sees things out of a positive light. It can be difficult but it makes life much easier. I’m sure you are/will be an inspiration to those that have struggles. But in Christ we are more than conquerers. God bless!

P.S. I am grateful that God saw fit for me to go back to McDonald’sto work temporarily to be strengthened and to be a light to others.

• July 20, 2009 at 10:25 pm

“Labels are not people”–we often have to be reminded that people are not their labels, but it’s quite interesting to think of the implications the other way around.

• July 20, 2009 at 5:00 pm

@bluejacky@xanga – Inside my head is a comfort sometimes. I do understand that. I just have a hard time communicating with others about why I am the way I am and why I do the things I do. I guess as long as no one bothers me, and messes up my routines, I’m okay…lol usually anyways.

• July 20, 2009 at 2:15 pm

@LibranPoetess@xanga – I thought the list was good, but you’re right, it’s hard seeing it from an inside perspective during overloads and stuff.  I have had so many frustrating moments in my life because the connections just weren’t there.  But, I do have to say, I really like my own head.  My mom used to hate that I loved being sent to my room, plus since I’m in overload half the time anyway, I seem able to handle stresses and pressures that others find daunting.  I can’t imagine me without the autism, I can’t run any kind of scenario through my mind where I’d be free of it, so I don’t know if I’d even be me without it.  So could someone know me without it?  It feels like