GDPR and it’s impact on Autisable and you…
Today (May 25, 2018) is the day. GDPR regulations are in full effect, and since we market and have members as part of the EU, this impacts how we do business.
We’ve always strived to protect your data and welcome these regulations.
Along with the GDPR requirements as outlined above, we also enhanced Autisable in the following ways…
- All new members are specifically asked to confirm that they agree to our terms and conditions. Prior to GDPR, this was assumed.
- The ability to delete an account on Autisable is now available through Account Settings. It’s your data, so now you have more control over it.
- A faster and more responsive site. These series of updates no longer requires refreshing a page when utilizing newsfeeds and or commenting, and also increases the speed at which the site loads on all devices.
- At this time we have disabled targeted advertising on the site until we confirm we are GDPR complaint on that specific issue. This means that All ads displayed on Autisable are not targeted to any demographic or geo-targeted and are displayed to all of our members and visitors.
- Until further notice, we are requiring visitors/users to register on Autisable to comment on the site. This is to ensure we maintain GDPR compliance at this time. We will be working on the site more to restore comments to individuals who are not registered. Click ‘Join our Community’ to become a member.
- Cookie Notification and consent have also been added.
Thank you for being a part of Autisable, and appreciate your interest in Autism.
If you have any questions and/or concerns, please let us know.