Ingredients for base (make then press into pan)
- 125mg sugar
- 125mg vegan marj
- 175g gf self raising flour
- 1tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp of vegan salted caramel flavouring
Method for base
- Grease a round baking tin (roughly 20cm) with a little oil, then line with greaseproof paper.
- Combine all of the above ingredients. The dough should be just off soft drop consistency, spoon into cake tin and then spread till it covers the base.
- Next, add a layer of thick sliced banana on top of raw cookie dough base (this gives the cake it’s boozy taste)
Ingredients for cake topping – this part of the recipe is an adapted Jamie Oliver recipe – (make then pour over banana)
- 5 tablespoons veg oil
- 200 g dark chocolate (good quality plain chocolate with over 70% coca should be dairy free)
- 170 g gf self-raising flour
- 3 heaped teaspoons cocoa powder
- 180 g golden caster sugar
- blackberry flavoured sea salt (or whatever you have to hand
- 1 vanilla pod
- 230 ml hazelnut milk (or any other plant based milk)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the base doesn’t touch the water. Break 150g of chocolate into the bowl and allow it to melt, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, sieve the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar and a pinch of salt. Halve the vanilla pod lengthways, scrape out the seeds, then add them to the bowl. Stir in the oil, plant milk and melted chocolate until combined.
- Roughly chop and stir in the remaining chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, spreading it out evenly, then place into the hot oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cooked on the outside, but still gooey in the middle.
- Best flavours if cake is left for 24 hours before eating.