Back in December the CDC shared that Nearly 1 percent of US Children have Autism. Here’s the Link.
Childstats.gov shares that there are approximately 75 million Children in America, meaning that there’s nearly 750,000 children in America have Autism.
There’s Plenty of Autism Statistics to Go Around, from autismepicenter.com.
• Every 11 minutes a child is born who will soon be diagnosed with some form of autism
• 46,670 children born per year will have autism
• It is the fastest growing developmental disability
• 1 in 91 children have autism
• 90% of the costs associated with autism are due to adult services
• 128 children are diagnosed with ASD daily
• 20 to 30 percent of children with autism develop epilepsy
• Boys are approximately 4 times more likely to have autism than girls
• Life expectancy is normal, although this is debatable due to dangerous and self-injurous behaviors in many autistics
• Early diagnosis and intervention can reduce the lifelong costs by as much as 2/3
• A known cause or cure for autism does not exist.
How many of the families that you know in your area are affected by Autism?